Skip to main content

The Book Bit: April 2017 Ed.

No #blogtunes today!  Enjoying the silence that has finally fallen on the house!  Like I said in February, putting in a March post would be unlikely because we had our second baby.  And it has been... bananas!  I think we may finally be settling in to some sort of groove, but honestly I've just been flying by the seat of my pants and taking it day by day.  Interestingly enough, all those feedings give me about a solid 8 hours of reading time every day.  So I was able to read two entire books this month.  Unbelievable, right?  Without further ado, here are our books!



"The Rule of Thre3"- Eric Walters

  What would you do if suddenly nothing worked?  No cellphones, computers, traffic lights.  Not even your car.  Well, you don't have to imagine it.  Walters already has.  Even though this book is a young adult (and a series!) it doesn't read like one.  We follow sixteen year old Adam through this sudden electronic apocalypse as he learns how harsh the world can be.  Next to his police chief mother and ex-CIA next door neighbor (who maybe saw this whole thing coming?) we understand how society can both come together and tear itself apart in a matter of days.  Along with all this, there is of course young love and friendships in these pages.  This was a quick read for me, I simply couldn't put it down.  It's interesting to see just how quickly everything can come apart and how devastation brings out people's true identities.  How do you think you would react?


"The Silent Girls"- Eric Rickstad

  This book was fantastic!  I was so glad it popped up in my reading list.  This book can be a little graphic in places, but it really was very good.  We have Frank Rath, a former detective, who now works as a consultant of sorts for the local police department.  Frank finds that he enjoys working outside the confines of police jurisdiction and perhaps without the hassle of paperwork.  When called in on a missing persons case, which at first glance seems to be a open and closed runaway, Frank feels like something is off.  And he never goes against his gut.  As he and a team of "green" detectives, eager to prove themselves, dig into this case they begin to find a series of disturbing connections to other cases.  Coincidence?  Or serial killings?  Like I said, at times, the details can be a little disturbing.  But it is a murder mystery, so wouldn't you expect to be a little creeped out every now and then?  That's what makes the story good!  This book kept me awake at night for sssoo many reasons, you won't be able to put it down.  Scouts honor!  Oh!  And the epilogue!  I have tons of friends who don't read the prologue and epilogues of books (I don't know why, they always add greatness to the story), but you ABSOLUTELY must read this epilogue!  You will be missing a near perfect ending if you skip it.  Ok, enough.  Read this book.  Seriously.


  Well, that's all I have for you this month.  I already have next months books working right now and they appear to be exciting reads as well.  I'm always looking for suggestions and would love to hear about what you are reading or any genres you would like to hear more about.  Thanks for popping by, happy reading!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Book Bit: March 2020 Ed.

What a month this has been, am I right? I hope everyone is staying safe and being cautious, but I mostly hope that all of you are in excellent health. For those of us stuck at home until further notice, it can mean tons of time for extra reading! Well, my kids cut in on my reading time frequently, but I still managed to read three excellent books this month. "Lone Wolf"- Jodi Picoult You all know how much I love Jodi Picoult, so whenever I find myself in a slump I look into her collection and find one I haven't read. It'll be a sad day when I finally manage to read all of them. Do you guys have a go-to author? This book was nothing short of heart-wrenching, loving, beautiful, and tragic.  Luke Warren has spent his life with the wolves. He runs a sanctuary, is a member of the pack, and even spent an entire year in the wild living within a wolf pack. His extended relationship with his pack led to familial disaster. His wife divorced him and his son moved to Thail

The Book Bit: March 2018 Ed.

I don't know about you guys, but the weather this month has been nothing short of depressing. And cold. Growing up in Oklahoma, I figured I had ample experience with weather roulette, but Nebraska (did I mention we moved to Nebraska?!) has a whole other thing going on. The weather here is bananas. It's cold, rainy, snowing, windy, then maybe it will be sunny, for like, an hour. Possibly. I don't feel like I'm asking for much over here! I just want to take the kids to the park (they are driving me nuts!) or be able to sit on the front porch and read a book, you know, regular things one could do in the SPRINGTIME! *deep breath* Moving on. This month has been crazy busy for us because moving never takes just a few days of your time, but I put away two exceptional books. Both of which are the first books of their series. I know! As if I don't already have at least ten series going right now, but I'm a sucker for them. And, in my defense, one of them was a book clu

Why I Started (and Continue) Blogging

I have had my blog for two years now. I still can't believe it's been that long. Two years ago I decided to get online and start writing, and two years later I'm still here, still writing. Let me start by saying, I never got into blogging to make money, and I haven't made any money off blogging. I started blogging because I felt like I had something to offer the world. I felt like I had something to say. I blog about everything that matters to me, books, my kids, being a mom, being a wife, my lifestyle choices, whatever I feel like writing. Here are some top reasons why I started blogging and still keep at it. 1. I Have Something to Share I am a mother, a college educated woman, my family is not traditional, I move a lot because staying in one place can seem claustrophobic, I married young, I stay at home with my kids, I have dreams and ambitions like everyone else on this planet. And like everyone else, I feel like I have something to share. My blog is a perfect p