Skip to main content

Summer 2018 Bucket List Roundup

Guys, summer is over. Ummm, is anyone else at a loss for words? Where did the summer go? I swear, just last week it was too cold to go out and now school has started and the temps are dropping again. It's been nonstop rain up here for us. Every day. Flood warnings are a regular on the news right now.

So, at the beginning of the summer I decided to make a bucket list! A little something to give me a boost and motivation to have a summer of fun. And we did! I didn't get everything crossed off, but we made a pretty good dent. If you follow me regularly on Instagram, you've seen some of my photos of our fun summer activities. But, I'm here to update the list and let you guys know how it went!

  1. Make Homemade Ice Cream and Waffle Cones Waffle cones were not accomplished, but two flavors of homemade ice cream were a success! (strawberry ice cream and lemon custard)
  2. Have a Picnic
  3. Go on a Legitimate Date  Hubs and I went to a Hibachi restaurant! We'd never been before and the thought of taking the kids was headache inducing. Luckily the kids went to grandma's during the summer and we had some time to ourselves!
  4. Go to a Concert No concerts this summer, unfortunately! 
  5. Hit the Beach  We went to the beach both in Chicago and Branson. We loved it!
  6. Take a Family Fishing Trip
  7. Take a Hike
  8. Have a Family Hike  We hiked to a little stream waterfall in Platte River State Park
  9. Visit Glory Hole Falls (it's in Arkansas and been on my list for three years now, Google it!)
  10. Do a Weekly Craft/Activity with the kiddos  Lots of fun!
  11. Plant a Garden Got the garden up! Lots of flowers and some tomato plants!
  12. Create a Four Course Meal  Hubby swooned over my baked brie with honey grapes!
  13. Go to an Outdoor Movie Only stayed for half. The kids were not into it!
  14. Family Trip to Chicago  Yes! Finally!
  15. Attend Sand in the City (basically a huge sand castle building contest in Omaha. I mean, that sounds awesome) They canceled it this year!
  16. Finish my Art Projects 
  17. Join a Yoga Studio 
  18. Make Ice Cream Sandwiches
  19. Family Game Night Kids had fun! Also, when the kids were gone we had an adult game night!
  20. Fire up the Fire Pit (hopefully, this happens on several occasions) Once. It happened once.
  21. Do Something for the First Time I couldn't think of anything!
  22. Make Kombucha
  23. Spend an Evening Playing Yard Games  Got a disc golf set for crazy cheap! We all had fun!
  24. Try a New Cuisine 
  25. Have a Car Wash
  26. Visit a Cave
  27. Watch Fireworks on the Fourth of July  Got to visit some old friends while we were at it!
  28. Go to a Baseball Game  Kiddo got a ball, it was great.
  29. Go to the Arboretum
  30. Star Gazing
  31. Have a "Me Day"  Basically had a "Me Week" when the kids were out of town 
  32. Let's Go Fly a Kite
  33. Make Sangria  Happy Birthday, Hubby!
  34. Make Granita
  35. Go to the Farmer's Market
  36. Have a Grill Day (every meal made on the grill)
  37. Go Berry Picking
  38. Bake a Pie Using Said Berries
  39. Take a Class with the Hubby
  40. Have a Tech-Free Day
  41. Cook Dinner Together   Hubs and I do this pretty often. I didn't even realize!
  42. Visit an Ice Cream Truck (when's the last time anyone's done this?)
  43. Buy a Swimsuit I Actually Love  A tip? Be in a hurry!
  44. Visit a Stop on a Book Tour
  45. Make a Dish That Has Always Intimated Me I made risotto and it was delicious!

So, there's the roundup! 21/45 isn't bad! We were quite a bit busy this summer, but it was fun just to try this out. I will definitely make more bucket lists for the seasons! Maybe be on the lookout for a fall and holiday bucket list. 

How about it guys? Did you do anything awesome this summer? Maybe make a bucket list of your own?

Do you guys think I should make a fall and/or holiday bucket list?


Always like, comment, subscribe, and share! I love to hear from you guys. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Book Bit: March 2020 Ed.

What a month this has been, am I right? I hope everyone is staying safe and being cautious, but I mostly hope that all of you are in excellent health. For those of us stuck at home until further notice, it can mean tons of time for extra reading! Well, my kids cut in on my reading time frequently, but I still managed to read three excellent books this month. "Lone Wolf"- Jodi Picoult You all know how much I love Jodi Picoult, so whenever I find myself in a slump I look into her collection and find one I haven't read. It'll be a sad day when I finally manage to read all of them. Do you guys have a go-to author? This book was nothing short of heart-wrenching, loving, beautiful, and tragic.  Luke Warren has spent his life with the wolves. He runs a sanctuary, is a member of the pack, and even spent an entire year in the wild living within a wolf pack. His extended relationship with his pack led to familial disaster. His wife divorced him and his son moved to Thail

The Book Bit: March 2018 Ed.

I don't know about you guys, but the weather this month has been nothing short of depressing. And cold. Growing up in Oklahoma, I figured I had ample experience with weather roulette, but Nebraska (did I mention we moved to Nebraska?!) has a whole other thing going on. The weather here is bananas. It's cold, rainy, snowing, windy, then maybe it will be sunny, for like, an hour. Possibly. I don't feel like I'm asking for much over here! I just want to take the kids to the park (they are driving me nuts!) or be able to sit on the front porch and read a book, you know, regular things one could do in the SPRINGTIME! *deep breath* Moving on. This month has been crazy busy for us because moving never takes just a few days of your time, but I put away two exceptional books. Both of which are the first books of their series. I know! As if I don't already have at least ten series going right now, but I'm a sucker for them. And, in my defense, one of them was a book clu

Why I Started (and Continue) Blogging

I have had my blog for two years now. I still can't believe it's been that long. Two years ago I decided to get online and start writing, and two years later I'm still here, still writing. Let me start by saying, I never got into blogging to make money, and I haven't made any money off blogging. I started blogging because I felt like I had something to offer the world. I felt like I had something to say. I blog about everything that matters to me, books, my kids, being a mom, being a wife, my lifestyle choices, whatever I feel like writing. Here are some top reasons why I started blogging and still keep at it. 1. I Have Something to Share I am a mother, a college educated woman, my family is not traditional, I move a lot because staying in one place can seem claustrophobic, I married young, I stay at home with my kids, I have dreams and ambitions like everyone else on this planet. And like everyone else, I feel like I have something to share. My blog is a perfect p